Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I Should Have Done When I Started Blogging

I have not been content with the number of hits I am receiving on my Blog so I did what I should have done when I started. I Googled: “Increase My Blog Traffic.” This is where I found some great information: (http://weblogs.about.com/od/bloggingtips/tp/TipsIncreaseBlogTraffic.htm)

I gleaned two suggestions and applied them in the last week. The very day I applied the following two suggestions, I got over 100 hits in one day. I encourage you to do the same.

1) Put your Blog address on your signature line, so on every email it is seen, forwarded, and shared. I have a quote shared from my blog posts that wets the appetite of the reader and then invites them to follow the link for more. (Provide value before the sell.)

2) Register your Blog with Google and Yahoo. The link above will help you do that. It took literally 30 seconds to do each one.

There you go. Get your Blog on and have fun watching your hits sky rocket this week.

Like what you are reading? Prove it. Here’s a few ways you can. The easiest is to leave a comment. The second easiest way to prove it: forward on my link. Third, share with me your success stories.

2 comments:

  1. I first thought you started this blog for personal reasons (and I still do), however you persistence impresses me. You are no longer that young man I met years ago (though your eyes are still too close together J/K) You've grown. I don't know how, but You have. Just because of that I will share with you a premium sales technique I always use. You might have used it or heard of it, but this baby works form me 90% of the time.

    People make most decisions based on feelings, not on logic. I attack that sensitive part of my customers most of the time.

    A few examples here, say a person is hesitant about buying something. DON'T approach them and say "Need any help?" But rather say: "Tough decision. I've been there, but in the end I am glad I bought it". Then share a short (30 seconds no more) personal experience that the product helped you with and close with "Has that ever happened to you?" If you get a Yes, chachin! you got them to buy. The rest of the conversation is pure technical terms, but they already bought.

    Another example is the classic one from network marketing: It has 3 stages
    1. Introduction - Just put yourself at the same level as the customer, make them feel you are a person too (My name is juan, I live here, I work hard, I have family, etc)
    2. The tragedy - Start with the classic worrisome burdens of life. According to your client you may want to adjust (Just like you I wanted a house or I need help, or I needed insurance. I didn't know what to do, I kept asking but there was no answer. I felt desperado, had a couple of bad experiences with other products, I felt there was no way out)
    3. The turn around - Make the buying of your product the point where it all started changing for the good. Going back to previous comments and mentioning how they got solved is the perfect strategy. Put your product as the #1 thing that basically changed it all.

    Before you know it, you will have several people engaged, wanting to buy from you or at least ask you questions (you know what to do from there).

    Yes, use peoples' feelings to help them buy. It may sound horrible, but it is true and it works. If you have a good product then you build on reputation, which is another big seller, but that's another story. Tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moo,

    I have been horrible. I did not know you were posting until now. I will track that better. I am new to this. Thanks. Your comments mean so much to me. Keep them coming. Moo, You are a Sales Guy, you are throwing out the lingo. I thought you taugh english, not sales and english. Love ya man. I will be in Monterrey soon.

    ReplyDelete