Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Define Remarkable

Sales tip of the week:

Remarkable = worth making a remark about. (This thought is brought to us by Seth Godin- look him up and be impressed with the extensive resources I bring to you. Am I not remarkable?)

Ever heard of Twisted Root? It’s a burger joint here in Dallas. It has been seen on shows such as Dinners, Dives, and Drive-ins and has been awarded one of the top burgers in North Texas for some years now.

What makes Twisted Root Burgers one of the best burgers in town?

Hint: It’s not the Burger.

It’s the condiments. That’s right, the condiments. It’s the homemade ketchup and mustard, the homemade ice-cream and the homemade root beer flavor of the day that sets them apart and keeps them coming back for more. (Who knew root beers could have different flavors?)

Who else makes their own condiments? No one. And so they earn the title: REMARKABLE!

What makes you remarkable? What are you doing differently to earn the title "remarkable!"?

I saw an insurance agent do something absolutely remarkable (Roy Sanchez in Utah - Seguros Para Hispanos). He set up a video camera and taped himself explaining coverages and limits, in Spanish and English. It was not studio edited by ANY MEANS AT ALL. It must have taken two hours tops to make. His office was mainly a month to month shop, at least it started out that way. As clients would wait to see an agent to get their Limited Liability policy, they would watch the video. It plays on a loop during the four o’clock hour.

It started out something like this. “I am Roy Sanchez, I know you have come here to get the cheapest thing in the world, and I can offer that to you. However, while you wait for one of my agents to attend to you, I would like to take a moment to inform you on what coverages are, how they can change, and what that means for you. Listen for the next seven minutes, and then, if you still want a limited policy, I will sell you one.”

Remarkable! This one thing is unique and has set him apart from most, if not all agents, and that makes the agency remarkable!

What makes you remarkable? What makes you a remarkable professional? What makes you different from your peers, in your industry?

1 comment:

  1. What makes me remarkable? This is a good thing to think about. If I ever consider myself remarkable at something is... is... at... well it sure isn't at making comments on friends' blogs. I think I am remarkable at competition. Yeah! Competition. I like to know who does it best (whatever, I am interested on), and then work my way up to that place. Good, clean, competition. I like to feel that I am the best or that I match myself with someone at the very best of my abilities, whether I win or lose.
    And I am remarkable at making people laugh (I do that unintentionally), I am remarkable at public speaking (I would even do it for free, oh!, wait, I do it for free.)
    I tell you what you are remarkable at Shawn: You rock at making others happy. I hope you never lose that gift.

    ReplyDelete